Most electrical fires and electrical injuries can be avoided. Follow these 5 tips to begin electrical safety in your home.
Avoid overloading outlets
Plug only one high-wattage appliance into each receptacle.
Follow Wattage Recommendations
Only use bulbs that match a lamp’s recommended wattage.
Turn Off the Power
Always turn off appliances and devices when you leave the room. Many electrical firs are started by overheating outlets or wires.
Keep Away from Water
Electrocution is a risk when an electrical device gets wet. Keep all electrical devices away from water.
Call an Electrician
For any electrical work you do around the house, if any electrical outlet feels hot, you hear cracking noises, or you notice frayed or split wiring.